Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Quilty Circles Roundup

My April circles are done, though there was a point this month that it seemed they would never be caught up.   This is Day 174 of my Quilty 365 journey, and by May 10 I'll be over half-way to the goal!  I don't know about others, but it seems to work best for me to cut a LOT of circles and background squares ahead of time, get them matched up, and then use that little pile to choose a daily circle to work on.  Even with the advance prep it's becoming easier and easier to get behind as other projects demand a bit of that scarce priority time.  And another priority (read deadline) project has recently sprung up, but more about that later ...

April Circles

I think I'll stay with the mostly tan and brown backgrounds with an occasional pop of light blue or violet in the mix.  The stash seems to favor browns this year, and this will be a good background for a bed quilt in our guest room.  The circles range from tiny 1980s and early 90s Cranston prints to modern geometrics and novelty prints - truly a scrap 'n stash raid!  An I-Spy quilt for the grandkids.

A few of my April favorites



Linking up now with Audrey at Quilty Folk.  Check out her linky to see what others are doing with their circles!


18 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

My circles have been totally derailed, so you're way ahead of me! Life has a habit of knocking our plans out of the way, doesn't it? I'm hoping to get back to them in May. Love the cowboy theme of some of yours - and that dragonfly is too cute!

Debbie said...

Those cowboys are a hoot....love the dragonfly. I am behind and will work to get back in the groove. My technique is much like yours.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful circles. Love the different backgrounds you used. Have a great day!

Janet O. said...

I like the mostly muted backgrounds with the little pops of color. And it is always fun to see the fussy-cut cuties you have found in your stash. : )

Susan said...

Love your blocks! I picked the African looking woman right out, and I love the pieced one you showed at the bottom of the post. This is going to be wonderful for anyone who uses that bedroom! desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

Needled Mom said...

Those look really nice. You're doing a great job of keeping up.

Ruth said...

I enjoy seeing your variety of fabrics! The second cowboy fabric is one that I have (or had) in my stash. Well done!

Paulette said...

Such a pretty crop of circles! Love the fun fussy cut ones!

Barbara said...

Oh wow...these are just wonderful. You all are making me want to get a start on mine, but I'll hold off until it's time.

Béa said...

Very beautiful circles ! Like you, I have a pile of pre made blocks, I sew them on sunday and dig into the pile for my week...

SandraC said...

I'm trying to do the odd fussy cut block also, but never thought it could be a future I Spy! I like the Egyptian one...never seen that fabric, wish I had a piece!

Anonymous said...

I love your fabric choices! I too have found it is best to do some assembly line prep so that I can enjoy some solid stitching time. Glad you have stayed with it!

Rebecca in AK said...

Great circles! You must have a wonderful selection of novelty type fabrics to choose from. I'm envious!

Dana Gaffney said...

I think if I was doing this I'd be cutting a bunch at a time, otherwise my sewing room would be constantly torn up looking for the perfect circle. I always enjoy seeing yours, the fussy cutting is so interesting.

Maryse said...

Yeah, almost half way through, your circles look great!!

Sandi said...

Love your Egyptian lady and that hot pink one in the lower right corner. It's interesting to see where everyone is heading with their choices,

Gisele said...

Lovely circles full of fun fabrics, congrats for keeping up

audrey said...

Love your fussy cuts especially.:)